Saturday 7 January 2012

Noticeboard...

Here is a little something that I made for Jack's nursery teachers for their Christmas present. It is something that all of the teachers can use every day in their classroom, so I thought it would make a great gift for them. Their room is called 'Owl's' so it is the 'Owl's Noticebaord'!

I brought a normal white board from a shop called 'the range', although you can get them everywhere including supermarkets.
I then went to another shop called 'Paperchase' and brought some Owl stickers and a pen.

To make the noticeboard this is what I did:
  1. I brought a pack of notepads, tor out all of the sheets from one book. I used a EK Success punch along the top of each one. I then used a stamp on them saying 'Just a not to say...', I then used some of the Owl stickers from 'Paperchase' to decorate.
  2. I then created a pocket for the sheets of note paper to be stored in. I used some Echo Park paper, punched a scalloped boarder along the top of it and then simply used glue dots to stick the side and bottom edges to the noticeboard.
  3. I added a piece of ribbon to the pen that I brought and attached it to the back of the noticeboard.
  4. I brought some pink magnets from my local supermarket and added an Owl sticker to each of them.
  5. One of the black corners fell off and got lost while I was making the noticeboard, so I had to cover up that corner with something. I went for a day of the week spinner. I made this by cutting two circles the same size using a giant circle punch. I then measured out 6 sections (I wanted 5 but 6 was so much easier) I then named each section with the 5 days of the week and the sixth just saying 'weekend'. I held them together using an Echo Park Brad to coordinate with the paper.
Here are some pictures...






Thanks for looking.

Anna

1 comment: