Thursday 12 August 2010

~Cards Album~

So here it is as requested..
A couple of weeks ago I did a post showing 'my albums' I explained how I split up my pages into each album and what each one was for.
I had some interest in my album of cards that we received when Jack was born. So I have selected a few of the pages from this album to show you what it is all about.
Now I will warn you that this album was created in 2008 and since then my scrapping style has changed considerably. So if I were to do an album like this again now it would be in keeping with my current style.
At the time I wanted to create an album to store Jacks cards in as I would never want to get rid of them, so this was what I came up with..
I used a 12x12 album and normal cardstock pages for this album. I then cut the cards up and stuck in the front cover and then the message that was inside.


Where I had pictures of Jack with the person whose card it was, I also stuck a picture in with the card. Purely for something nice to look back on and add a bit more interest to the page.



As you can see from the pictures I have kept the embellishments to a minimum. Although as I said earlier if this was a recent album I would have probably come up with something a little different for the embellishments. However I don't think you need to do too much as the cards are effectively embellishments in themselves.

I hope that has given a little bit of inspiration! Again sorry about my old style pages with this post!
This week I have been working on a few things including a layout and a wall hanging frame. This one is finished and ready to post, so I'll be back soon with that!
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna

2 comments:

  1. Well anna, I think this is a brilliant project that can be adapted to any set of cards you might have. Thanks for sharing, this is something I shall definitely have a go at creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this Anna - this is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete